Saturday, November 26, 2011

Chirstmas Workshop


Our Christmas workshop is now officially open! When I ask Miss Abigail what she likes most about Christmas, she always mentions making crafts together. I like this activity too. I think we would have to call it a tradition now, but it certainly didn't start out to be anything as formal as a tradition. It seems like I spend quite a lot of time making things at Christmas and Abigail was always saying, "That looks fun." So I began including easy decorations or simple handmade ornaments that she could work on also. Every year she makes a handmade sign that sits on the table to indicate that the workshop is open. When we clean up for the day, the sign goes in the box of supplies until next the time. Now that Abigail is older and more accomplished in her skills, she can add fun holiday things to her hope chest. When she brings them out at some future time, I hope she will remember our fun workshop days.

We've been working on ornaments the last couple of days. Miss Abigail is making a beautiful sequin ornament and I completed a very easy spiral beaded Christmas tree ornament. I made a tutorial because I know you'll want to make one too. Watch for the post on Monday.

3 comments:

  1. How fun! I love the idea of the sign. Very cute. :) Making crafts is definitely a memorable time. I'm sure whenever Abby pulls those ornaments out years from now, she will smile and remember the wonderful times you all had together. :)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love crafts and I love Christmas!

    I will have to start in January for NEXT Christmas - there is so much I want to make!

    Excited for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's such a fun thing to do :) :) Wonderful :) Have a great week. Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...