Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Handmade Dishtowels - from homespun fabric


If you've not thought of using the cotton "homespun" fabric for dishtowels, you're missing something great. I really enjoy making my own dishtowels. Of course, the drawback is that you cannot bleach them the same as white ones. But, I like the fun colors and prints and you can make them whatever size you like. These homespun towels dry dishes wonderfully--they are very thirsty. But you have to be careful to check the label and make sure the fabric is 100% cotton. It also helps if the fabric hasn't been treated with anything. This set of homespun dishtowels will go with the Christmas Star Dishcloths and the Filet Crochet Towels I made last year to begin a Christmas Set for Miss Abigail's hope chest.

1 comment:

  1. I never thought of using the homespun fabric. That is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...