Thursday, September 26, 2013

Tucked Handtowel


This cotton towel was just the right color for the aqua and brown-toned "Kitchen Utensils" set. I've been thinking about what I could do to embellish it and finally decided to use an aqua rick-rack trim along with three simple sewn tucks along the bottom of the towel. I like the way it looks and how quick the project was completed.


You might remember a previous post with a tutorial on using tucks. If you are interested, use that tutorial for more detailed instruction. The darker woven threads on this towel made sewing the tucks extremely easy. I didn't need to measure or mark anything, except by sight.


I also like to apply rick-rack with this simple cross-over long stitch. You'll find another tutorial for this method here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...