Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A Peek Inside - Cross-Stitch Cotton Dishtowels


Some time ago, I found a set of colorful, plain cotton dishtowels on sale. The fabric is lovely and the colors match the Floral set perfectly. Because I thought they were too plain for the hope chest, I wanted to fancy them up somehow. I finally decided on a simple cross-stitched rose with a length of cotton cluny lace to further embellish the towels. I had to pre-wash them carefully because they were made in India and I know from experience that Indian dyes often bleed. I certainly don't want Miss Abigail to get a horrible surprise some years down the road when she does her laundry. I think they have a definite "vintage" look about them. In case you like them, I've included a similar cross-stitch pattern in this post. Just use a transfer pencil and a sheet of graph paper to copy the pattern.



3 comments:

  1. OLÁ,SIMPLES E BONITO. EU ADORAR.BOA QUARTA.BEIJO.VALÉRIA.(BRASIL).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that Indian dyes bleed....I've never thought about it to be honest! I wonder why? I think the colors are beautiful! The rose seems to be the perfect touch as they are lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Miss Abigail will delight in using these some day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...